Monday, January 6, 2014

Dissertation-Stage 1: Proposal




I have narrowed down my possible dissertation topics to three. I am supposed to work on a 50-page proposal and submit it for examination by March. These are the steps I have taken so far, as well as the steps, I will be taking soon. 

I-Identifying relevant readings:
1-Going through the bibliography of all relevant books. Highlighting interesting titles.
2-Grouping the readings into two categories: theoretical and creative.

II-Reading and Taking Notes:
1-Alternating between creative and theoretical readings
2-Using a dissertation-only Evernote account for note-taking.

III-Talking to Professors:
This is the step that I am dreading the most. I am scared my professors will not like my tentative topics. 





                       



No comments:

Post a Comment